TVTS believes that it is unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people by a commitment to practise which protects them.
We recognise that:
· the welfare of the child/young person is paramount.
· all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
· working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
The purpose of the policy:
· to provide protection for the children and young people who use TVTS services.
· to provide staff with guidance on procedure they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing , or be at risk of, harm.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
· valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
· issue a Code of Conduct booklet to all staff, outlining child protection guidelines.
· recruit all staff in accordance with the safer staffing recruitment guidelines.
· sharing information about concerns with Buckinghamshire County Council, schools, parents, guardian and any other agencies who need to know.
· providing effective management for staff through supervision, support and training.
· ensuring that all highly confidential documentation containing children/young people’s details, is locked away in a secure cabinet.
We are also committed to reviewing and updating our policy annually.